Saturday, March 5, 2011

RECIPE: A great new salad...Jerk Chicken Salad

Last week I made the below posted Jerk Chicken recipe and I served it on a delicious salad. This was an amazing dinner full of tremendous flavor. I enjoyed it again for lunch the following day. Give this one a try.

Salad Ingredients

1 stalk celery diced
6 cherry tomatoes quartered
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup sliced and toasted almonds
1/4 cup cranberry raisins (I like the pomegranate infused ones)
small handful of tortilla strips (not if you are on phase 1)
1 sliced hard boiled egg
mixed greens salad mix
1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
4oz jerk Chicken
Jerk Sauce

Directions
Toss the mixed greens and romaine in a bowl.
Add celery and tomatoes on top.
Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, almonds and cranberries.
Layer hard boiled egg slices and thinly sliced Jerk Chicken.
Add about 1/4 cup jerk sauce on top.
Mix thoroughly before eating.

I bet you can't just make this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment