Saturday, March 5, 2011

Still going strong!

Success has really been mine this time around. I am feeling great. My blood pressure and blood glucose have been really good. I am walking regularly and mixing things up with pull-ups and light weight training.

As of today I have lost 25.8 pounds. I am really pleased with this progress, though I am not done yet. I continue to eat well and have taken a healthier (mental) look at my relationship with food. It is still super easy to want to over eat, but I am working hard to set my portions better and stick with that.

This morning I enjoyed two slices of Taylor Ham and some eggs instead of the normal Melba Toast. The eggs have the same calories as the toast, so nothing really bad there. The Taylor Ham isn't the best thing for me but boy was it tasty. I'll be doing my chores this morning so I will more than burn off that Taylor Ham.

Walking has been really great for me. Aside from the health benefits, I really feel there is a therapeutic value to it as well.

Because of my success I've had a lot of people asking me what I am doing and sharing what I have learned has also helped me to keep going. Support from friends and family has been really great, the encouragement is just what I need to not slip back into old bad habits.

If you know someone that is trying to lose weight, give them some encouragement. Encouragement comes in many forms. It can be by not eating bad stuff yourself in front of them (a benefit to you as well) or by giving a little praise for their weight loss or simply commenting on being proud that they are trying to make a positive change in their life. Trust me, it will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment